Sunday 1 May 2011

Spring onion sentry

I feel a little bit deflated by the spring onions so far.  I love spring onions, so when I saw a packet of spring onion sentry seeds (what does the sentry bit mean?) promising quick and easy growing spring onions with a reliable crop, I snapped them up.

Maybe it is my novice gardener abilities, or maybe I was expecting too much, but after a month, the spring onion seedlings still look really spindly, a bit like a long blade of grass.  Maybe they just grow quickly compared to other spring onion varieties, but I was expecting an early crop by now.

Spring onion sentry at 4 weeks

The photo makes the spring onion seedlings look a lot stronger than they really are.  They actually look quite spindly.  Oh well, plenty of time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment